Asian Pork and Spiced Apples Ingredients:
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons dry sherry
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon tamari or soy sauce
1 tablespoon cracked black peppercorns
3 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon leaves
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 pounds boneless pork loin, cut into strips
2 tablespoons canola oil
3 Golden Delicious apples, cored and cut into wedges
1 teaspoon Chinese 5-Spice powder
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
¼ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1 tablespoon cornstarch
3 tablespoons minced chives
4 cups cooked brown rice
3 one gallon freezer bags, 1 labeled
1. In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, sherry, sesame oil, tamari, peppercorns, tarragon, and garlic. Reserve ½ cup marinade and refrigerate. Add pork and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
2. Heat oil in a wok over medium-high heat, add apples, and stir-fry for 2 minutes. Sprinkle with 5-Spice, brown sugar, and orange juice and continue to stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Remove pork from marinade, allowing the excess to drip off. Add pork to the wok and cook, stirring often, for 2 to 3 minutes or until pork is just cooked through.
4. Whisk cornstarch into reserved marinade and stir into pork mixture until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in chives.
5. To serve now, serve half immediately over half of rice.
Makes 2 entrees, each entree serves 4
Cool completely. Place pork mixture and rice into 2 separate gallon freezer bags. Then place into labeled freezer bag.
Remove from freezer to defrost. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place rice in a baking dish and cover with pork mixture. Cover with foil and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through.
Balsamic Pan Roasted Broccoli Ingredients:
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 (12 ounce) package fresh broccoli florets
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat.
2. Add broccoli; cook, turning occasionally, 8 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp-tender. Add small amounts of water throughout to keep from burning.
3. Remove from heat; add salt, pepper, and vinegar.
Celebrate 25 Days of Christmas with activities every day from December 1st until Christmas Day!