6 to 8 pounds pork loin chops, boneless or bone-in, about 12 chops
1 cup olive oil
½ cup balsamic vinegar
¼ cup soy sauce
¼ cup lemon juice
2 tablespoons honey
3 teaspoons minced garlic (about 9 cloves)
3 teaspoons dried basil
2¼ teaspoons black pepper
3 one-gallon freezer bags, labeled
1. Rinse and divide chops evenly among freezer bags.
2. Whisk together olive oil, vinegar, soy sauce, lemon juice, and honey in a medium bowl. Divide marinade evenly over the pork.
3. Into each bag measure 1 teaspoon garlic, 1 teaspoon basil, and ¾ teaspoon pepper.
4. Seal and freeze.
1. Completely thaw one entrée in the refrigerator.
2. Prepare a medium fire in a gas or charcoal grill.
3. Cook chops, turning occasionally, until an instant read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chop reads 160°F. Baste the chops as desired. Do not baste during final 5 minutes of cooking. Discard remaining marinade.
4. Or arrange chops on an ungreased broiler pan. Broil chops under high heat, 5 inches from the heat source, turning frequently, for 15-18 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chop reads 160°F. Discard remaining marinade.
Yield: 3 entrees, 4 servings each
Freeze up to: 4 months
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),