1 pork loin (about 8 pounds; do not use tied pork loin roast)
1½ cups soy sauce
½ cup white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
8 teaspoons minced garlic (about 24 cloves)
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
4 large onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
4 large green bell peppers, cut into 2-inch pieces
4 one-gallon freezer bags, labeled
12 one-quart freezer bags
On Hand for each entrée:
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
½ cup cornstarch
1. Rinse and trim pork loin as desired. Cut pork into bite-size cubes; divide evenly among four or the 1-quart bags. Seal.
2. Whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, and sugar in a medium bowl. Divide the marinade evenly among four 1-quart bags. Into each bag of sauce measure 2 teaspoons garlic and ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper. Seal.
3. Divide onions and bell peppers evenly among the remaining 1-quart bags. Seal.
4. Into each of the 1-gallon bags, place a bag of pork, a bag of sauce, and a bag of peppers and onions. Seal and freeze.
1. Completely thaw one entrée in the refrigerator.
2. Pour off and discard any accumulated liquid from the bag of pork. Add ½ cup cornstarch; seal bag and shake to coat the meat.
3. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork and stir-fry until thoroughly cooked, about 10 minutes. Add vegetables and sauce. Stir-fry just until vegetables are tender crisp. Serve over your choice of rice.
Yield: 4 entrees, 4-6 servings each
Freeze up to: 4 months
Celebrate 25 Days of Christmas with activities every day from December 1st until Christmas Day!