6 pounds lean ground beef
12 habanero and green chili-flavored sausages, or other spicy sausage
4 one-gallon freezer bags, labeled
On hand for each entrée:
6 hamburger buns
1. Remove and discard casings from sausage and crumble meat into a large bowl. Add beef and, using your hands, mix well until combined.
2. Divide meat into 24 equal portions; form into patties. Place patties in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Cover baking sheet with plastic wrap and freeze from 1 hour.
3. Divide frozen patties evenly among freezer bags, separating layers with wax paper. Discard plastic wrap. Seal and refreeze.
1. Remove desired number of patties from the freezer. Place on a plate and thaw completely in the refrigerator.
For Outdoor Cooking:
1. Prepare a medium-low fire on a gas or charcoal grill.
2. Cook burgers 5 to 6 minutes per side, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a patty reads 160°F.
For Indoor Cooking:
1. Arrange burgers on a broiler pan.
2. Broil patties under high heat for 5 minutes on each side. Or until internal temperature reaches 160°F.
Yield: 4 entrees, 6 servings each
Freeze up to: 4 months
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),
Use our free meal plans so you don't have to worry about what's for dinner! They're weekly menus; complete meals with side dishes and recipes. All family pleasing dishes even picky kids will love.