Habanero and Chili Hamburgers
6 pounds lean ground beef
12 habanero and green chili-flavored sausages, or other spicy sausage
4 one-gallon freezer bags, labeled
On hand for each entrée:
6 hamburger buns
1. Remove and discard casings from sausage and crumble meat into a large bowl. Add beef and, using your hands, mix well until combined.
2. Divide meat into 24 equal portions; form into patties. Place patties in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Cover baking sheet with plastic wrap and freeze from 1 hour.
3. Divide frozen patties evenly among freezer bags, separating layers with wax paper. Discard plastic wrap. Seal and refreeze.
1. Remove desired number of patties from the freezer. Place on a plate and thaw completely in the refrigerator.
For Outdoor Cooking:
1. Prepare a medium-low fire on a gas or charcoal grill.
2. Cook burgers 5 to 6 minutes per side, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a patty reads 160°F.
For Indoor Cooking:
1. Arrange burgers on a broiler pan.
2. Broil patties under high heat for 5 minutes on each side. Or until internal temperature reaches 160°F.
Yield: 4 entrees, 6 servings each
Freeze up to: 4 months