1 package (12 ounces or about 5 cups) uncooked egg noodles
3 tablespoons butter
2 pounds fresh sliced mushrooms
3 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
3 teaspoons fresh minced garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
1½ cup low-sodium chicken stock
1½ cup low-sodium beef stock
1 cup whipping cream
1½ pound frozen, deveined salad shrimp
2 cups chopped sugar snap peas
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
½ cup sliced almonds
Two 9x13 foil pans
1. Heat oven to 350°F and spray two 9x13 pans (one foil to freeze, one for now) with cooking spray. In a large stock pot, cook pasta in boiling water for 12 minutes and drain.
2. Melt butter in a separate skillet. Add mushrooms and rosemary. Let cook for about 8 minutes until tender and golden brown.
3. Add garlic and sauté until you can smell it. Add chicken and beef stocks to the pan. Bring to a boil and reduce liquid by half (about 10 minutes). Add whipping cream and reduce until thickened, about 8 minutes. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
4. Remove from heat. In the large stockpot, mix the sauce with pasta, shrimp, and sugar snap peas. Divide mixture between two 9x13-inch pans. Top with grated Parmesan cheese and sliced almonds.
5. Wrap pans in plastic wrap and label.
1. Heat oven to 350°F and bake frozen dish, uncovered, for 40 minutes. Or defrost dish in the fridge overnight, then bake at 350°F for 25 minutes. Serve with a green salad and breadsticks.
Yield: two 9x13-inch pans (8 servings each)
Freeze up to: 4 months