6 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
2 cups honey
1 cup spicy brown mustard
¾ cup olive oil
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon black pepper
3 cups panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
1½ cups (8 ounces) pecans, finely ground
6 one-gallon freezer bags, label 3
3 one-quart freezer bags
1. Rinse and trim chicken as desired. Cut each chicken breast half lengthwise into three strips. Divide chicken evenly among the three unlabeled 1-gallon freezer bags.
2. Combine honey, mustard, oil, salt, garlic, and pepper in a medium bowl. Divide sauce evenly over the chicken. Seal bags.
3. Into each of the three 1-quart freezer bags, measure 1 cup panko and ½ cup pecans; seal. Place one bag of chicken and one bag of pecan/breadcrumbs mixture into each labeled 1-gallon bag.
4. Seal and freeze.
1. Completely thaw one entrée in the refrigerator.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
3. Place breadcrumb mixture on a plate. Shake excess sauce off each piece of chicken, roll in crumbs, and place on a greased baking sheet.
4. Bake for 30 minutes, or until chicken pulls apart easily and is no longer pink in the thickest part, and the crust is golden.
Yield: 3 entrees, about 12 strips each
Freeze up to: 4 months
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),
Use our free meal plans so you don't have to worry about what's for dinner! They're weekly menus; complete meals with side dishes and recipes. All family pleasing dishes even picky kids will love.