Pork and Poblano Pozole Ingredients:
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 onion, coarsely chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 ½ pounds boneless pork loin, cut into bite-size cubes
1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon sweet paprika
Salt and pepper, to taste
4 poblano chiles, roasted, peeled, seeded, diced
1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
1 (28 ounce) can hominy, drained
One gallon freezer bag, labeled
1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, for 4 to 5 minutes.
2. Add garlic and cook, stirring for 30 seconds.
3. Add pork, cumin, coriander, oregano, paprika, and salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally until pork is browned on all sides.
4. Stir in poblanos and jalapenos.
5. Add enough vegetable broth to cover ingredients with 2 inches of liquid. Stir and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes.
6. Stir in hominy and simmer for 20 minutes more.
7. To serve now, serve immediately. Garnish with diced avocado, shredded cheese, and a sprinkle of finely chopped cilantro, if desired.
Makes 2 entrees, each entrée serves 4
Let cool completely. Pour into gallon freezer bag, squeeze out excess air, seal, and freeze up to 3 months.
Remove from freezer to defrost overnight in refrigerator. Reheat in a large nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat until heated through.
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),
Use our free meal plans so you don't have to worry about what's for dinner! They're weekly menus; complete meals with side dishes and recipes. All family pleasing dishes even picky kids will love.