Healthy Spinach-Stuffed Sole Recipe
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/2 lb. fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/2 lb. fresh spinach, chopped
1/4 teaspoon oregano leaves, crushed
1 clove garlic, minced
11/2 lb. sole fillets or other white fish
2 Tablespoons sherry
4 oz. (1 cup) part-skim mozzarella cheese, grated
as needed nonstick cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Coat 10x6 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Heat oil in skillet and sauté mushrooms for about 3 minutes or until tender.
4. Add spinach and continue cooking for about 1 minute or until spinach is barely wilted. Remove from heat and drain liquid into prepared baking dish.
5. Add oregano and garlic to drained sautéed vegetables. Stir to mix ingredients.
6. Divide vegetable mixture evenly among fillets and place in center of each.
7. Roll each fillet around mixture and place seam-side down in prepared baking dish.
8. Sprinkle with sherry, then grated mozzarella cheese. Bake for 15–20 minutes slotted spoon.
Yield: 4 servings
Serving size: 1 filet roll
Total fat: 9 g
Saturated fat: 4 g
Cholesterol: 95 mg
Sodium: 163 mg
Total fiber: 2 g
Protein: 39 g
Carbohydrates: 6 g
Potassium: 880 mg