Boneless Pork Medallions in Mushroom-Wine Sauce
4 boneless pork cutlets (4 ounces each)
1 teaspoon canola oil
1½ pounds sliced fresh mushrooms
1 medium onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
⅓ cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup water
2 Tablespoons minced fresh parsley
½ teaspoon salt
⅛ teaspoon pepper
1. In a large nonstick frying pan coated with cooking spray, cook the pork in oil over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
2. Remove and keep warm.
3. Add mushrooms, onion and garlic to the frying pan; cook over medium-high heat for 5 to 8 minutes or until tender.
4. Add wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan.
5. Whisk together flour and water until smooth; stir into mushroom mixture.
6. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
7. Stir in the parsley, salt and pepper. Serve sauce over pork.
Makes 4 servings.
1 cutlet with ¾ cup mushroom sauce equals:
12 grams fat (4 grams saturated fat)
74 mg cholesterol
381 mg sodium
12 grams carbohydrate
2 grams fiber
23 grams protein