1¼ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into ½-inch chunks
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 leeks, bottom 4 inches only, trimmed, washed well, and chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped (about ½ cup)
2 medium white potatoes, left unpeeled and cut into ½-inch pieces
½ pound fresh green beans, trimmed and chopped into ½-inch pieces
2 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 teaspoons)
1½ cups nonfat milk
⅓ cup all-purpose flour
2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 cup peas, thawed if frozen
2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 tablespoon fresh thyme
3 sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed
2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat 4 individual-size baking dishes with cooking spray.
2. Season the chicken with ¼ teaspoon of the salt and ¼ teaspoon of the pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and brown, about 2½ minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a plate.
3. Add 2 more teaspoons of oil, the leeks, and celery to the pan and cook, stirring a few times, until the vegetables begin to soften, about 3 minutes. Add the potatoes, green beans, garlic, and the remaining ¾ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook for 2 minutes more, stirring to combine everything. Add the milk. Stir the flour into the broth until dissolved and add to the pan. Cook, stirring, until the mixture comes to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Stir in the chicken, peas, parsley, and thyme. Spoon the mixture into the baking dishes.
4. Put the remaining 1⅔ tablespoons oil in a small bowl. Unroll the phyllo dough and cut it into quarters. Place a quarter-sheet on top of each baking dish and brush with the oil. Repeat layering with all three layers. Tuck the edges of the phyllo dough into the dish rim. Sprinkle the top with of each pie with the Parmesan.
5. Place on a baking sheet and bake until the filling is bubbling, about 30 minutes. Serve hot.
Serving size: 1 pot pie
Total Fat: 13 g
Mono: 7 g
Poly: 1.5 g
Sat: 3 g
Protein: 50 g
Carb: 70 g
Fiber: 8 g
Cholesterol: 88 mg
Sodium: 960 mg
Excellent Source Of
Good Source Of
Celebrate 25 Days of Christmas with activities every day from December 1st until Christmas Day!