Cranberry Chicken with Wild Rice
1 (16 ounce) can whole-berry cranberry sauce
2 tablespoons orange liqueur or orange juice
2 tablespoons lemon juice
½ teaspoon dry mustard
1½ pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 (6 ounce) package long grain and wild rice mix
2 tablespoons grated orange rind
¼ cup chopped green onions
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a medium saucepan over medium heat or in a microwave-safe pan, combine the cranberry sauce, orange liqueur, lemon juice, and mustard, cooking until hot.
3. Place the chicken in a baking dish, and pour the cranberry sauce over the chicken. Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes, or until the chicken is done.
4. Meanwhile, cook the wild rice according to the package directions, omitting any oil and salt. When the rice is done, stir in the orange rind and green onion. To serve, place the rice on a plate, and top with the chicken and cranberry.
Serves 4 to 6
- Food and Recipes
- Dinner Ideas and Recipes
- 4 to 7 Ingredient Dinner Recipes
- 30 Minute Meals
- Dinner Meal Plans
- Crock Pot Recipes
- Freezer Cooking Recipes
- Easy Recipes
- Chicken Recipes
- Healthy Recipes
- Casserole Recipes
- Mama Shirleys Recipes
- Barbecue Recipes
- Soups - Side Dishes - Salad Recipes
- Dessert Recipes
- Breakfast Recipes
- Breakfast Casseroles
- Kids Recipes