1/2 cup skim milk or buttermilk
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1 cup cornflakes, crumbled
1 1/2 Tablespoons onion powder
1 1/2 Tablespoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons black pepper
2 teaspoons dried hot pepper, crushed
1 teaspoon ginger, ground
8 pieces chicken, skinless (4 breasts, 4 drumsticks)
a few shakes of paprika
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Add 1/2 teaspoon of poultry seasoning to milk.
3. Combine all other spices with cornflake crumbs and place in plastic bag.
4. Wash chicken and pat dry. Dip chicken into milk, shake to remove excess, then quickly shake in bag with seasoning and crumbs.
5. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
6. Remove from refrigerator and sprinkle lightly with paprika for color.
7. Evenly space chicken on greased baking pan.
8. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for an added 30–40 minutes or until meat can be easily pulled away from bone with fork. Drumsticks may require less baking time than breasts. (Do not turn chicken during baking.)
Yield: 6 servings
Serving size: 1/2 breast or 2 small drumsticks
Each serving provides:
Total fat: 5 g
Saturated fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 82 mg
Sodium: 286 mg
Total fiber: 1 g
Protein: 30 g
Carbohydrates: 22 g
Potassium: 339 mg