2 lb. fish fillets
1 Tablespoon lemon juice, fresh
1/4 cup skim milk or 1% buttermilk
2 drops hot pepper sauce
1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon white pepper, ground
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 cup cornflakes, crumbled, or regular bread crumbs
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1 fresh lemon, cut in wedges
1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
2. Wipe fillets with lemon juice and pat dry.
3. Combine milk, hot pepper sauce, and garlic.
4. Combine pepper, salt, and onion powder with cornflake crumbs and place on plate.
5. Let fillets sit briefly in milk. Remove and coat fillets on both sides with seasoned crumbs. Let stand briefly until coating sticks to each side of fish.
6. Arrange on lightly oiled shallow baking dish.
7. Bake for 20 minutes on middle rack without turning.
8. Cut into 6 pieces. Serve with fresh lemon.
Yield: 6 servings
Serving size: 1 cut piece
Each serving provides:
Total fat: 2 g
Saturated fat: less than 1 g
Cholesterol: 80 mg
Sodium: 325 mg
Total fiber: 1 g
Protein: 30 g
Carbohydrates: 10 g
Potassium: 453 mg