Rice pudding is a sweet, creamy dessert that everyone loves. The next time you get a craving for sweet treats, try our healthy recipe for rice pudding, it’s great for warm weather when you want to serve a homemade dessert, but don’t want to heat your house up by baking something in a hot oven.
Garnish with a little sugar-free whipped cream to make it extra special.
1 cup whole milk
1 cup water
1 cup rice, uncooked
1 cup evaporated milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup sugar
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. In sauce pan, heat milk and water.
2. Add rice, bring to boil, lower heat to simmer; stir mixture every 10 minutes. Cook uncovered until rice is tender, about 30 minutes.
3. In large bowl, mix eggs, 3/4 cup evaporated milk, vanilla, and sugar. Set aside.
4. Add remaining 1/4 cup evaporated milk to rice mixture.
5. Spoon 1 cup of rice mixture into egg mixture and stir. Pour egg-rice mixture into remaining rice.
6. Heat pudding until it boils, stirring continuously. Remove from heat, and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Makes 4 Servings, about 1/4 cups each, plus 4 servings for another meal or snack
Total fat 5 grams
Saturated fat 3 grams
Cholesterol 67 milligrams
Sodium 66 milligrams