Rotini Chicken Casserole Ingredients:
12 ounce box tricolor rotini
¾ cup chopped onion
½ cup chopped celery
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 cups cooked cubed chicken breast
1 (10 ¾ ounce) can reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup
1 ½ cups fat-free milk
1 (16 ounce) package frozen Italian blend vegetables
1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
1 ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon salt
⅔ cup crushed cornflakes
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions.
3. Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet, sauté onion, celery, and garlic in oil until tender.
4. Drain pasta; place in a large bowl.
5. Add the onion mixture, chicken, soup, milk, frozen vegetables, cheese, parsley, thyme, and salt to bowl; mix.
6. Pour into a 13x9 baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Cover and bake for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with cornflakes; spritz with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through.
Per 1⅓ cup serving
Total Fat: 7 g
Sat: 3 g
Protein: 28 g
Carb: 40 g
Fiber: 3 g
Cholesterol: 56 mg
Sodium: 698 mg
Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable
Spring Salad Ingredients:
2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
2 cups thinly sliced radishes
1 large cucumber, quartered, seeded, and chopped
½ cup white vinegar
½ cup water
Sugar substitute equivalent to ½ cup sugar
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, radishes, and cucumber.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients until sugar substitute is dissolved (mixture will foam up slightly). Pour over vegetable mixture; toss to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Per ¾ cup serving
Total Fat: 0 g
Sat: 0 g
Protein: 1 g
Carb: 10 g
Fiber: 1 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 208 mg
Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable
Celebrate 25 Days of Christmas with activities every day from December 1st until Christmas Day!