1 egg, lightly beaten
1½ cups bread crumbs
⅔ cup chopped green onions
¼ cup milk
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
1½ pounds lean ground beef
1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
½ teaspoon ground sage
1½ pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 pound potatoes, cut into 2-inch pieces
1. In a large bowl combine egg, bread crumbs, green onions, milk, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
2. Add ground beef to egg mixture; mix well.
3. Divide meat mixture in half; shape into four 4x2-inch loaves.
4. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Place meat loaves in hot skillet; cook about 6 minutes or until brown on all sides. Drain off fat.
5. Add broth and sage to skillet; add squash and potatoes. Bring to boiling; reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, covered, about 35 minutes or until temperature of the meat reaches 160°F and squash and potatoes are tender.
6. Split loaves in half to serve.
Total Fat 14g