1 egg, lightly beaten
1½ cups bread crumbs
⅔ cup chopped green onions
¼ cup milk
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
1½ pounds lean ground beef
1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
½ teaspoon ground sage
1½ pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch pieces
1 pound potatoes, cut into 2-inch pieces
1. In a large bowl combine egg, bread crumbs, green onions, milk, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
2. Add ground beef to egg mixture; mix well.
3. Divide meat mixture in half; shape into four 4x2-inch loaves.
4. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Place meat loaves in hot skillet; cook about 6 minutes or until brown on all sides. Drain off fat.
5. Add broth and sage to skillet; add squash and potatoes. Bring to boiling; reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, covered, about 35 minutes or until temperature of the meat reaches 160°F and squash and potatoes are tender.
6. Split loaves in half to serve.
Total Fat 14g
Celebrate 25 Days of Christmas with activities every day from December 1st until Christmas Day!