1 medium English cucumber, seeded and diced (about 2 cups)
2 medium firm-ripe avocados, peeled, pitted, and diced
½ red onion, diced
Juice of 2 limes (about ¼ cup)
Salt to taste
¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped, or to taste
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 garlic cloves, minced
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon salt
Pinch of cayenne pepper
1¼ pounds top sirloin steaks (about 1¼ inches thick)
Twelve 6-inch corn tortillas
3 cups shredded red cabbage
½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 lime, cut into wedges
1. Combine all salsa ingredients in medium bowl and toss gently to combine. Refrigerate and serve within an hour of preparing.
2. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and preheat it over medium-high heat or prepare the grill.
3. In a small bowl, stir together the chili powder, garlic, cinnamon, salt, and cayenne. Rub the spice mixture into both sides of the steaks.
4. Grill or broil the steaks for 5 minutes per side, turning once, for medium rare or to your desired degree of doneness. Remove from the grill and let the meat sit for 5 minutes. Carve into thin slices.
5. Warm the tortillas by placing them on the grill for about 30 seconds, turning once. Or place 6 tortillas at a time between two moist paper towels and microwave for 45 seconds. Wrap in a cloth napkin or place in a tortilla warmer to keep warm.
6. Divide the carved steak, cabbage, cilantro, and salsa on warmed tortillas and top with squeezed lime juice.
Total Fat 18g