2 (9 ounce) packages refrigerated whole wheat cheese tortellini
1½ cups fresh sugar snap pea pods, trimmed and halved crosswise
½ cup thinly sliced carrot
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
⅓ cup reduced-sodium vegetable broth
2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano, crushed
½ teaspoon garlic salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup fat-free milk
1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed and softened
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 cup halved red cherry tomatoes
½ cup coarsely chopped green bell pepper
2 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Cook tortellini according to package directions, adding sugar snap peas and carrots for the last 1 minute of cooking; drain.
3. Meanwhile, in a 12-inch skillet heat butter over medium heat until melted. Add mushrooms; cook about 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
4. In a screw-top jar combine broth, flour, oregano, garlic salt, and black pepper. Cover and shake until smooth; add to same skillet. Add milk; cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
5. Add cream cheese; cook and stir until smooth. Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice.
6. Stir tortellini mixture, mushrooms, tomatoes, and peppers into cream cheese mixture. Transfer to an ungreased 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Bake, covered, about 30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Total Fat 15g
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),