This twig star not only is a great gift, but is also a great free craft that you can make from materials right around your house.
Combine with a nature walk through your yard, park or nearby woods to get the materials.
5 Sticks of wood approximately the same diameter cut to the same length.
Hot Glue Gun
10 pieces Raffia – cut about 12” long (may substitute rope, string, or twine)
Green wood is twist tied together to keep straight until dry.
Twig Star Directions
1. Begin by hot gluing 3 twigs together. (The hot glue holds the twigs together while tying with raffia.)
2. Tie each intersecting area together with raffia crisscrossing several times. Tie a knot on the backside – keeping all of the knots on the same side.
3. Snip long ends of ties.
3. Continue tying first 3 intersecting areas.
4. Next, hot glue another twig to the other 3 and tie those intersecting points.
5. Continue adding twigs until all 5 form a star and all intersecting points are tied.
6. Rotate star to determine which point you would like for the top and tie and knot a piece of fishing line to hang the star with.
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),
Use our free meal plans so you don't have to worry about what's for dinner! They're weekly menus; complete meals with side dishes and recipes. All family pleasing dishes even picky kids will love.