Rice Bags for hot or cold therapy
Fabric (We like flannel)
1 lb Rice—(or lentils or other seed/bean you have on hand)
Optional—potpourri, aromatic oil or herbs
1. Sew sides of flannel to make a bag (about the same size as the 1# bag of rice), leave top open.
2. Fill with rice (or the seed/bean you're using)
3. Add a tablespoon of potpourri, herbs or a few drops of aromatic oil on a cotton ball.
3. Sew top closed. Make a “pillow case” for your bag to keep it clean.
4. Place in your microwave for 1-2 minutes for heat. Freeze for cold therapy.