½ cup chopped onion
2 Tablespoons butter
2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 cup milk
1 cup half and half
2 cups cooked chicken breast, cubed
1 cup mixed vegetables (frozen or canned, drained)
2 cups hot mashed potatoes
Makes 4 servings
1. In a large saucepan, saute the onion in butter until tender.
2. Sprinkle with flour, salt and pepper. Stir in the milk and half & half until well blended.
3. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thick and bubbly.
4. Add the chicken and vegetables; cover and simmer until heated through.
5. Spoon over mashed potatoes to serve.
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),
Use our free meal plans so you don't have to worry about what's for dinner! They're weekly menus; complete meals with side dishes and recipes. All family pleasing dishes even picky kids will love.