Creamy Chicken Potato Delight
½ cup chopped onion
2 Tablespoons butter
2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 cup milk
1 cup half and half
2 cups cooked chicken breast, cubed
1 cup mixed vegetables (frozen or canned, drained)
2 cups hot mashed potatoes
Makes 4 servings
1. In a large saucepan, saute the onion in butter until tender.
2. Sprinkle with flour, salt and pepper. Stir in the milk and half & half until well blended.
3. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thick and bubbly.
4. Add the chicken and vegetables; cover and simmer until heated through.
5. Spoon over mashed potatoes to serve.