2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
3 pounds chopped ground round
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 ½ cups chopped onions
1 cup chopped green peppers
1 cup chopped celery
2 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
2 (14 ½ ounce) cans diced tomatoes in juice
1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 bay leaf
1 Tablespoon chili powder
1 Tablespoon sugar
½ teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 cup red wine
grated cheddar cheese for serving
sour cream for serving
1. Sauté the ground round in the vegetable oil until browned, about 10 minutes.
2. Add the garlic, onions, peppers, and celery and cook until the vegetables are soft, 8 to 10 minutes.
3. Add the beans, tomatoes (with juice), tomato sauce, bay leaf, chili powder, sugar, cloves, salt and pepper. Stir well.
4. Cover and simmer over low heat for 1 ½ hours.
5. Add the red wine and simmer another 30 minutes.
6. Serve in large bowls topped with grated cheese and sour cream.
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),
Use our free meal plans so you don't have to worry about what's for dinner! They're weekly menus; complete meals with side dishes and recipes. All family pleasing dishes even picky kids will love.