Millionaire's Parsley Meatballs
¾ cup dry bread crumbs
½ cup milk
2 onions, finely chopped
½ cup water
2 pounds ground lean beef
¾ cup finely chopped parsley
2 mint leaves, chopped
2 egg yolks
3 small cloves of garlic, minced
1½ teaspoons salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1½ Tablespoons olive oil
1½ Tablespoons butter
¼ cup red wine vinegar or lemon juice
½ teaspoon crumbled dried oregano
cooked egg noodles, tossed lightly with butter
1. Soak bread crumbs in milk until soft, beat until mushy.
2. Cook onions, covered in water, until water has evaporated.
3. Mix meat thoroughly with bread crumbs, onions, parsley, mint, egg yolks, garlic, salt and pepper.
4. Shape into balls the size of a walnut.
5. Heat oil and butter in frying pan; slowly brown meat well on all sides. Place meatballs in a serving dish.
6. Pour wine vinegar or lemon juice into pan. Heat a few minutes, scraping up browned drippings to form a sauce. Pour sauce over meatballs.
7. Serve over hot cooked noodles. Makes 3 dozen meatballs.