1 Tablespoon brown sugar
½ teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
6 pork chops, 3/4 inch thick
hot bacon drippings
1 medium onion, peeled and sliced
1 medium green pepper, sliced
1 lemon, sliced and seeded
Makes 6 servings
1. Combine sugar, salt and pepper; rub mixture onto both sides of pork chops.
2. Coat chops well with flour.
3. Fry in 1/4 inch of hot bacon drippings in a large heavy skillet until browned on both sides; remove from skillet and set aside.
4. Add onion and green pepper, sauté until just tender.
5. Return chops to skillet. Add lemon slices and water to come 1/2 inch up sides of pan.
6. Cover and simmer over low heat 1 to 1½ hours or until very tender, adding additional water if necessary
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),