3 pounds pork tenderloin
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
2 1/2 cups warm water
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
4 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped
1/3 cup raisins
Makes 8 servings
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place the pork tenderloin in a roasting pan.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk the brown sugar with the water until dissolved. Use the whisk to add in the cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. Combine well.
3. Add the apples and raisins to the mixture, stirring to coat with brown sugar mixture.
4. Spoon the apple mixture around the pork tenderloin. Cover and bake 30 minutes.
5. Uncover the pork and spoon the apple mixture over the top and sides of the tenderloin.
6. Return tenderloin to the oven, uncovered, and bake 15 to 20 minutes longer, or until browned and cooked through (a meat thermometer inserted in the center should read 150 degrees to 160 degrees F).
7. Serve pork in slices with the spiced apple cinnamon sauce on top of each slice.
Celebrate 25 Days of Christmas with activities every day from December 1st until Christmas Day!