1 ½ lbs. round or rump beef
2 Tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 can (16 oz.) canned tomatoes
3 large peeled onions, thinly sliced
1 minced, peeled clove garlic
½ teaspoon crushed dry thyme
Makes 6 servings
1. Trim excess fat off meat. Cut into 6 serving-size pieces. Combine flour, salt, and pepper.
2. Lay beef on bread board. Sprinkle it with half of flour mixture, then with a meat mallet, pound flour into it.
3. Turn over, and pound remaining flour into other side.
4. Heat oil in a heavy skillet or Dutch oven. Brown meat well in it on side over medium heat, turn and brown on other side.
5. Add rest of ingredients. Stir well, cover, simmer 1 ¾ - 2 hours, or until meat is tender.
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),
Use our free meal plans so you don't have to worry about what's for dinner! They're weekly menus; complete meals with side dishes and recipes. All family pleasing dishes even picky kids will love.