Baked Macaroni with Tomatoes
½ lb. uncooked macaroni
2 Tablespoons butter
1 sliced, peeled, medium onion
1 Tablespoon minced, seeded, green pepper
½ teaspoon bottle thick A1 sauce
1 1/3 cups canned tomatoes
½ teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
½ cup cheddar cheese, grated
Makes 4 servings
1. Cook macaroni, arrange in greased 1 quart casserole.
2. Melt butter in skillet, and add onion, green pepper and A1 sauce. simmer 5 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes, salt and pepper. Heat through.
4. Pour mixture over macaroni, toss well.
5. Sprinkle cheese on top. Bake in hot oven of 400°F, 20 minutes, or until cheese melts.