Carrot Cake Day
What a nice surprise that today is carrot cake day. I had a whole bag of carrots that I only needed a few for a different recipe and because my husband doesn’t love carrots I usually don’t prepare them for a side. I also got to use my shredding blade on my food processor for the first time. I’ve had the thing for years and for some reason never think to use it, now I’m addicted. I even made zucchini fritters after these carrot cake cupcakes so I could shred some more! Anyway, here is a tasty recipe for Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting. You might want to find your own Cream Cheese Frosting recipe as I used a few left over ingredients.
2½ cups flour
1¼ teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1¼ teaspoon grated nutmeg
⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
½ teaspoon salt
6 medium carrots, peeled and shredded
1½ cups sugar
½ cup packed brown sugar
1½ cups vegetable oil
1 cup prepared cream cheese frosting
½ cup butter
2 cups powdered sugar
½ cup caramel
1 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 24 muffin tins with paper liners (or silicone ones as I did) and set aside.
2. Whisk together flour, baking powder, soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt.
3. Toss shredded carrots in flour mixture until completely covered in flour mixture.
4. In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade attachment, pulse sugars and eggs until foamy.
5. With the food processor running, slowly drizzle in oil until fully incorporated.
6. Pour liquid mixture into flour mixture, stir until flour is no longer visible.
7. Fill liners ¾ full and bake for 18 to 22 minutes.
8. Meanwhile, prepare frosting. Cream together prepared frosting and butter.
9. Add powdered sugar and beat until combined.
10. Beat in caramel and salt.
11. Once cupcakes have cooled, frost as desired.