Orange Bird Feeders
Twine or ribbon
1. Cut oranges in half. Cut or spoon out as much as you can leaving the shell of the flesh.
2. Using the tip of the scissors or a sharp paring knife, poke three holes around the top diameter of the orange.
3. Cut the twine or ribbon into equal length pieces. Tie ends into double knots.
4. Poke twine through holes on oranges.
5. Tie all three strands together in a knot.
6. Fill oranges with bird seed and hang.
Cookie Cut-Out Bird Feeders
½ cup water
2 small envelopes of unflavored gelatin
1½ cups bird seed
Twine or string
Assorted cookie cutters
1. Mix together the gelatin and water in a small pot and bring to a simmer while stirring, continue stirring until the gelatin is dissolved.
2. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
3. Stir in birdseed.
4. Lay cookie cutters on wax paper and fill half way with birdseed mixture.
5. Cut twine and knot the ends together, press into birdseed.
6. Fill with more birdseed until ends of twine are covered and cookie cutter is full.
7. Allow to dry several hours, flipping every hour or so.
8. Remove from cookie cutters and hang outside.