This recipe combines two family favorites, pasta and tacos. Loaded with cheeses this twist on tacos will surely bring the family to the dinner table.
18 jumbo pasta shells
1 pound ground beef
1 package cream cheese with chives (3 oz), softened
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 Tablespoon melted butter
1 cup taco sauce
1 cup shredded Cheddar
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack
1 ½ cups crushed tortilla chips
1 cup sour cream
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
2. Cook pasta shells, rinse and drain.
3. Brown ground beef in skillet , drain fat.
4. Reduce heat to medium-low, add cream cheese and chili powder. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Toss shells with melted butter, then fill with beef mixure.
6. Arrange filled shells in a 13x9 inch pan. Pour taco sauce over shells and cover with foil.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
8. Uncover, top with cheeses and crushed chips then continue to bake for another 15 minutes.
9. Serve topped with sour cream.
Looking to dress up the ravioli you have in your freezer tonight?
This ravioli recipe is wonderful, and will definetly do the trick. When you sit down to this great pasta dish with your family, you'll be glad you spent a little extra time to make the broccoli sauce - instead of just the usual shredded parmesan cheese and calling it complete.
1/4 cup olive oil
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes (add more if you like a spicier sauce) *see note below
1 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 lb. fresh broccoli
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
15 oz. package frozen cheese ravioli, cooked
1. Heat oil in medium saucepan. Add garlic, salt, pepper and red pepper.
2. Saute until garlic is lightly browned, 5-7 mins.
3. Add cream; cook 20 min. to thicken, stirring occasionally.
4. Meanwhile, cut broccoli into 1-1/2" flowerettes. Place in separate pan, cover with water and cook until tender, drain and set aside.
5. Add Parmesan cheese to sauce mixture, stir to blend.
6. Prepare broccoli as directed, drain. Add broccoli to sauce and pour over ravioli.
* The original recipe we had used called for 1/4 cup red pepper flakes; we used dried sweet pepper flakes. Unfortunately we just found out that McCormick discontinued it in 2011. This is a makeover of that recipe using the spicy red pepper flakes, with the adjusted amount to use (you can use more or less depending on your taste). The family liked it just as much as the sweet pepper recipe, we hope you do too!
This baked rigatoni recipe makes a hearty pasta dish when combined with the sausage and cheese. This is a great pasta recipe if the intended recipient has a large appetite.
1 pound Italian sausage; crumbled
1 cup milk
1 Tablespoon all purpose flour
1 jar (28 ounce) Italian style spaghetti sauce
1 pound Rigatoni pasta, cooked and drained
2 1/2 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3 Tablespoons dry bread crumbs
Directions:1. In large skillet, brown sausage 5 minutes; drain fat. Add milk and flour; mix well. Add spaghetti sauce, whisk until well blended.
This angel hair pasta recipe is probably one of the quickest you can find. Simple and savory, you can make this angel hair dish even if dinner needs to be served in less than 20 minutes. Add in-season vegetables from your garden to add color and crunch.
1 pound angel hair pasta, uncooked
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 Tablespoon minced garlic
5 cups tomatoes, diced
1/2 teaspoon basil
3/4 cup chicken broth
5 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook for one minute.
3. Add tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes.
4. Add hot pasta to skillet; toss well.
5. Add chicken broth and stir. Toss with Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
Fusilli, or corkscrew pasta is quick and easy to cook. The broccoli and roasted garlic combine to form a crisp, satisfying pasta dish. This recipe surrounds the tongue in simple flavors and finishes clean. You can't help but enjoy this, especially since it's so quick and easy.
4 cups broccoli florets
8 ounces fusilli (corkscrew pasta)
2 heads roasted garlic
1 can sliced black olives , (2 1/4 oz)
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Bring 2 1/2 quarts of unsalted water to a boil in a covered 4 1/2-quart or larger Dutch oven or soup pot.
2. Rinse broccoli; drain well. When water reaches a rapid boil, add broccoli and pasta. Cook until noodles are firm-tender, about 8 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, remove peel from roasted garlic; chop garlic coarsely. Set aside.
4. Drain olives; set aside. When noodles and broccoli are done, drain.
5. Pour into a 3-quart or larger serving bowl. Add garlic and olives. Drizzle olive oil over pasta; sprinkle with cheese.
6. Toss until cheese melts.
Looking for a great recipe for penne pasta with vodka sauce? We've found a great combo pasta recipe that gives you ease of use along with great flavor.
Your family and friends will think you spent all day in the kitchen, when all you had to do for this great vodka sauce is follow the easy step by step directions.
1 Tablespoon butter
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 onion, chopped
28 ounce can Italian plum tomatoes
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup vodka
1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
1 pound Penne pasta
1/4 cup Parmesan; freshly grated
1 Tablespoon fresh chives; minced
1. Drain, seed and chop the tomatoes.
2. Melt butter with oil in heavy large saucepan over medium heat.
3. Add onion and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes.
4. Add tomatoes and cook until almost no liquid remains in pan, stirring frequently, about 25 minutes.
5. Add cream, vodka and red pepper and boil until thickened to sauce consistency, about 25 minutes.
6. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Sauce can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
7. Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain well.
8. Transfer to a large bowl. Bring sauce to a simmer. Pour over pasta and toss well.
9. Sprinkle with Parmesan and chives and serve.
These easy stuffed shells are a great make ahead meal to save for a busy day or to bring to a pot luck. The broccoli dresses up the classic ricotta and tomoto classic.
24 jumbo shells, uncooked
1 10-oz. package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 (28 ounce) jar Italian pasta sauce
1. Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.
2. Combine broccoli, ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, oregano, basil, salt and pepper.
3. Stir together until well blended. Pour about 1 cup pasta sauce over bottom of 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
4. Spoon 1 round tablespoon of cheese mixture into each shell and place open-side up in an even layer in the pan.
5. Pour remaining pasta sauce over and around shells. Cover pan with foil.
6. Bake at 375 degrees F for about 25 minutes until heated through, and serve.
Fast cooking and savory, the sausage and peppers mix together for a soul warming, quick and easy to make dinner. This pasta recipe also has some flexibility as you can change out the type of sausage or spaghetti sauce you put in.
There can be as many varitaions as there are types of sausage, so don't be afriad to substitute your favorite sausage or sauce.
1 lb. Italian sausage links, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
2 large green peppers, cut into strips
3 cups rigatoni, uncooked
1 jar (24 oz.) chunky spaghetti sauce
1 cup shredded Mozzarella-Parmesan cheese blend
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Place sausage and peppers in 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
3. Bake 15 to 20 min. or until sausage is done. Meanwhile, cook pasta as directed on package.
4. Drain pasta. Add to baking dish with spaghetti sauce; stir.
5. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through. Top with cheese; bake 2 to 3 min. or until melted.
The red pepper and the asparagus in this pasta primavera recipe go together great for a crispy, tasty "Pasta of the Spring" (that's what primavera means).
Pasta Primavera is also very flexible; you can add any type of vegetable you like. To stay classic, crisp, fresh vegetables will give you the best results for this delicious recipe.
3 cups penne pasta, uncooked
2 Tablespoons Italian Dressing
1-1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
2 zucchini, cut into chunks
1-1/2 cups cut-up fresh asparagus (1-inch lengths)
1 red pepper, chopped
1 cup chicken broth
4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) cream cheese, cubed
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cook pasta as directed on package.
2. Meanwhile, heat dressing in large skillet on medium heat.
3. Add chicken and vegetables; cook 10 to 12 min. or until chicken is cooked through, stirring frequently.
4. Add broth and cream cheese; cook 1 min. or until cheese is melted, stirring constantly.
5. Add Parmesan cheese; mix well.
6. Drain pasta; return to pot. Add chicken and vegetable mixture; toss lightly.
7. Cook 1 min. or until heated through. (Sauce will thicken upon standing.)
This pasta recipe is so easy, your kids will love to help you make it. This is the perfect recipe after a long, busy day and with bedtime rapidly approaching.
A popular variation of this pasta recipe is to add in cauliflower, peppers, or carrots. A tasty way to get your veggies.
1 16 ounce package fusilli (corkscrew pasta), uncooked
1 8 ounce package feta cheese, crumbled
3/4 cup pesto
1 cup cooked broccoli, finely chopped
1. Cook pasta as directed on package; drain.
2. Toss with remaining ingredients.
This bacon and tomato is a great mix of flavors to awaken your taste buds. This pasta recipe is made with everyday items you likely have in your fridge, so the ease of preapration is unmatched. By the time the smell of bacon gets upstairs or to the back of the house, dinner will be ready.
8 slices bacon, chopped
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
1 tub (8 oz.) chive and onion soft cream cheese spread
1 cup milk
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
6 cups hot cooked penne pasta
1. Cook bacon in skillet 5 min. or until bacon is crisp, stirring occasionally.
2. Drain skillet, leaving bacon in skillet. Stir in cherry tomatoes.
3. Add cream cheese spread, milk and Parmesan cheese; mix well.
4. Cook until hot and bubbly, stirring frequently.
5. Stir in pasta. Sprinkle with additional chives if desired.