This recipe for sweet potato pie is comfort food at its best. Made with delicious sweet potatoes, butter, and spices; the heavenly aroma of old fashioned home cooking will fill your house as this pie bakes. This is a must have for a holiday meal or any time you want to serve good home cooking!
We have 10 more sweet potato pie recipes with different variations for even more ways to enjoy this fantastic pie.
1/4 cup butter, softened
2 eggs, separated
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup evaporated milk
1 1/2 cups cooked mashed sweet potatoes
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer. Beat until blended then add egg yolks and beat.
3. Stir in sweet potatoes, vanilla, milk, nutmeg, cinnamon, and ginger.
4. In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites. When foamy, slowly add 1/4 cup sugar and beat until stiff. Fold into the sweet potato mixture.
5. Place in pie crust, bake about 40 minutes until firm. Serve with whipped cream.