2 sweet potatoes, or yams
1 medium russet potatoe
1/2 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg fresh, grated
3 large eggs, beaten
1 1/4 cups evaporated milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pie shell (9 inch) unbaked
1. Place all potatoes in a 3-quart saucepan, cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
2. Reduce heat, cook until potatoes are soft, about 20-30 minutes. Drain and peel.
3. In a medium bowl, combine potatoes, butter, nutmeg and brown sugar.
4. With a potato masher, cream the mixture until very smooth.
5. In a small bowl, beat eggs, 1 cup evaporated milk and vanilla together. Beat this mixture into the potatoes, mising thoroughly.
6. Pour into pie crust and drizzle the remaining 1/4 cup of milk on top.
7. Bake 15 minutes in a preheated 450 degree oven, then reduce heat to 325 degree and continue baking for 30 minutes or more until the filling is set.
Celebrate 25 Days of Christmas with activities every day from December 1st until Christmas Day!