This playdough recipe is the cooked version, which uses cream of tartar. It tends to be smoother than the non-cooked playdough recipe, but it is more work and takes longer due to cooking and cooling.
Playdough is a a long time favorite kids activity. The fact that the play dough can be edible makes your child happier - they can snack on their creations.
1 cup flour
1/2 cup salt
1 cup water
1 Tablespoon oil
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
Food coloring by drops
1. Combine all ingredients in a pan and stir. Cook over low heat, stirring until a ball forms.
2. Add food coloring and mix thoroughly until desired color.
3. Cool on foil. Store in covered container.
This is an easier to make version of a playdough recipe, there is no cooking involved.
No-Cook Playdough Recipe
1 cup salt
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup water
2 Tablespoons oil
A few drops of food coloring
1. Mix all ingredients very well and store in plastic bag or covered jar.
The next three recipes are each an edible playdough recipe , especially fun for small children because they can eat the dough. Use raisins, cheerios or small candies to decorate the creations then enjoy!
Peanut Butter Playdough Recipe
18 oz. peanut butter
6 Tablespoons honey
Nonfat dry milk
1. Mix all ingredients with enough nonfat dry milk to form into a workable dough.
Homemade Playdough Recipe
1 1/4 cups confectioners sugar
1 1/4 cups powdered milk
1 cup corn syrup
1 cup peanut butter
1. Mix until dough reaches proper consistency for molding.
This playdough recipe needs to be baked when done sculpting because of the raw egg in the recipe.
Edible Playdough Recipe
1 1/2 cup warm water
1 package dry yeast
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup shortening
1 teaspoon salt
5 cups flour
1. Stir yeast in 1 1/2 cups very warm water until dissolved.
2. Mix in egg, honey, shortening and salt. Stir in flour a little at a time until makes a ball.
3. Knead 5 minutes. Make flat figures on cookie sheet. Cover with towel 25 minutes. Bake 20 minutes in 350 degree oven. Eat or shellac it.
Easy 30 Minute Meals
Not just entrees, these are complete meals that take 30 minutes from the kitchen to the table ... without sacrificing great taste!