Have a ball creating designs on faces, arms and hands with this easy to make, washable face paint.
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon water
1/2 teaspoon cold cream
2 drops food coloring of your choice
1. Mix all ingredients in small plastic mixing bowl and mix until completely smooth.
Tin Can Stilts
Having a little one get tall in an instant is always a favorite with them! These tin can stilts are easy for children to balance and fun for pretend play.
1. Take two large coffe cans. Punch two holes near the unopened end of each can.
2. Thread plastic clothesline through the holes and tie the ends together.
Pull up on strings as you walk on your tin can stilts to help with balance.
Toothpick and Pea Construction Zone
Soak dried peas in water or use canned peas and create "buildings" by sticking the toothpicks into peas.
Set the building aside until peas dry. As peas dry, they will shrink and make the creation sturdy.
Make Macaroni Jewelry
Macaroni jewelry is easy to make for smaller hands, kids love to play jewelry designer with this fun craft idea!
Large elbow macaroni
1. Dip large macaroni into food colors for a few seconds. Lay macaroni on paper towel until dry.
2. Cut yarn long enough for necklace or bracelet. Wrap end of yarn with tape.
3. String macaroni. Tie the yarn ends together.
Create Sewing Cards
Sewing cards are a great way for preschoolers to get practice with their motor skills. These use everyday items and turn them into something special that your preschooler made all by themselves.
Lightweight cardboard - from new shirts, cereal boxes, poster board
Colored paper or colorful magazine pictures
Yarn or colored shoelaces
1. Cut pieces of cardboard into six inch squares.
2. Cover them with colored paper or pictures.
3. Punch holes about an inch apart around the edges.
4. Show the children how to lace in and out of the holes with the yarn or shoelaces.
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),
Use our free meal plans so you don't have to worry about what's for dinner! They're weekly menus; complete meals with side dishes and recipes. All family pleasing dishes even picky kids will love.