Be A Dinosaur
Choose a book about dinosaurs and read it to your child. When the story is over, make Dinosaur Food and talk about the different types of dinosaurs in the story.
Directions Step 1 :
Place the following ingredients into a medium saucepan :
2 cups Pterodactyl toenails, crushed (sugar)
1/2 cup swamp water (evaporated milk)
1 stick Iguana fat (butter)
Cook 1 minute at a rolling boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
Directions Step 2 :
Mix all the following ingredients in a bowl:
3 cups bones (oats)
1 cup dried grass (coconut)
5 teaspoons dirt (cocoa)
1/2 teaspoon dirty water (vanilla)
Add Parts 1 and 2 together. Stir, drop by spoonful onto waxed paper. Cool and eat. Don't let the dinosaurs eat all the food.
Make Stone Soup
Read the story Stone Soup with your preschooler and let them make their own stone soup. Preschool activities that are tied in with books give them a love of reading along with a fun activity. Everyone can chop or measure something, teaching them about measurements.
Stone Soup Recipe
3 clean stones, washed thoroughly
3 stalks celery
2 large carrots
2 medium onions
2 medium potatoes
3 medium tomatoes
1/2 teaspoon basil, thyme, marjoram
1 bay leaf
1/2 cup parsley
1 1/2 Tablespoons salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup rice
1. Place all ingredients into a large crock pot. Cover with water.
2. Cook 2 to 3 hours on high. Remove bay leaf before serving.
Feed the Birds
Feeding the birds is a great way to introduce children to the world of wild birds. These fun to make bird feeders are perfect for smaller hands, as the ingredients become similar to playdough when forming.
Homemade Bird Feeders
2 cups shortening
2 cups peanut butter
5 cups bird seed
Netting from onion bags
1. Mix all ingredients together. Shape into balls.
2. Wrap each ball in netting from onion bags, and secure with a plastic twist. This recipe makes about 12 feeders.
Egg Carton Spiders
For the bug lover in your house, these silly spiders will have them giggling.
Egg cartons cut into individual cups
Eight 3 inch pieces of pipe cleaners
1. Decorate cup to make it look like a spider face. Use crayons or markers; adhesive stickers; glue on cereal; raisins, nuts. Hats can be made with cotton balls, marshmallows or string.
2. Using the tip of a pencil, poke 8 holes around the bottom of the cup. To make the spiders legs, insert pipe cleaners or twist ties into holes.
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),
Use our free meal plans so you don't have to worry about what's for dinner! They're weekly menus; complete meals with side dishes and recipes. All family pleasing dishes even picky kids will love.