9 uncooked lasagna noodles
1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
¼ cup chopped onion
2 tablespoons butter
⅓ cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon chicken or vegetable bouillon granules
¾ teaspoon garlic salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon dried thyme
2½ cups fat-free milk
6 cups broccoli florets
1½ cups 1% small-curd cottage cheese
10 ounces reduced-fat Swiss cheese, shredded, divided
1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain when done.
2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, sauté mushrooms and onion in butter until tender.
3. Add the flour, bouillon, garlic salt, pepper, and thyme; stir until blended.
4. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
5. Add broccoli; cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
6. Stir in cottage cheese and three-fourths of the Swiss cheese.
7. In a 13x9x2-inch baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray, layer three noodles and a third of the sauce. Repeat layers twice. Cover and bake at 350°F for 35 to 40 minutes or until bubbly and broccoli is tender. Sprinkle with remaining Swiss cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Total Fat 6g
Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),
Use our free meal plans so you don't have to worry about what's for dinner! They're weekly menus; complete meals with side dishes and recipes. All family pleasing dishes even picky kids will love.