9 uncooked lasagna noodles
1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
¼ cup chopped onion
2 tablespoons butter
⅓ cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon chicken or vegetable bouillon granules
¾ teaspoon garlic salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon dried thyme
2½ cups fat-free milk
6 cups broccoli florets
1½ cups 1% small-curd cottage cheese
10 ounces reduced-fat Swiss cheese, shredded, divided
1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain when done.
2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, sauté mushrooms and onion in butter until tender.
3. Add the flour, bouillon, garlic salt, pepper, and thyme; stir until blended.
4. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
5. Add broccoli; cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
6. Stir in cottage cheese and three-fourths of the Swiss cheese.
7. In a 13x9x2-inch baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray, layer three noodles and a third of the sauce. Repeat layers twice. Cover and bake at 350°F for 35 to 40 minutes or until bubbly and broccoli is tender. Sprinkle with remaining Swiss cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Total Fat 6g
Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable
Celebrate 25 Days of Christmas with activities every day from December 1st until Christmas Day!