4 cups water
2 pounds halibut, cut into 1-inch cubes
6 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
⅔ cup fat-free sour cream
4 green onions, chopped
2 (4 ounce) cans chopped green chilies
1 (4¼ ounce) can chopped ripe olives, drained
2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
1½ teaspoons ground cumin
8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
4½ teaspoons all-purpose flour
1½ cups fat-free half-and-half cream
1¼ cups shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack
⅓ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
½ cup salsa
1. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Carefully add fish; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork; drain well.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, onions, chilies, olives, jalapenos, and cumin. Fold in fish.
3. Place generous ½ cup down center of each tortilla; roll up. Place enchiladas in a 13x9x2-inch baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
4. Combine flour and cream until smooth; pour over enchiladas.
5. Cover and bake at 350°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; sprinkle with cheeses. Broil 4 inches from heat for 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve with salsa.
Total Fat 16g
Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat, ½ fat-free milk
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),
Use our free meal plans so you don't have to worry about what's for dinner! They're weekly menus; complete meals with side dishes and recipes. All family pleasing dishes even picky kids will love.