16 ounces dry ziti, cooked and drained
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large yellow onion, chopped
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
36 ounces evaporated milk
1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
12 ounces links fully-cooked chicken sausage, cut lengthwise into quarters and into 1/4-inch slices
1/2 cup crumbled cheese crackers
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 13×9-inch baking dish. Prepare pasta.
2. While pasta is cooking, heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
3. Add onions; cook until softened.
4. Whisk in flour; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture turns light brown, about 3 minutes.
5. Gradually whisk in evaporated milk, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
6. Cook, stirring constantly, until sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes.
6. Add 3-1/2 cups cheese; stir until melted. Add pasta and sausage; stir until thoroughly coated.
7. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with crackers and remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
8. BAKE for 20 minutes or until bubbling around edges and golden brown.
Celebrate 25 Days of Christmas with activities every day from December 1st until Christmas Day!