16 ounces dry ziti, cooked and drained
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large yellow onion, chopped
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
36 ounces evaporated milk
1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
12 ounces links fully-cooked chicken sausage, cut lengthwise into quarters and into 1/4-inch slices
1/2 cup crumbled cheese crackers
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 13×9-inch baking dish. Prepare pasta.
2. While pasta is cooking, heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat.
3. Add onions; cook until softened.
4. Whisk in flour; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture turns light brown, about 3 minutes.
5. Gradually whisk in evaporated milk, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
6. Cook, stirring constantly, until sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes.
6. Add 3-1/2 cups cheese; stir until melted. Add pasta and sausage; stir until thoroughly coated.
7. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with crackers and remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
8. BAKE for 20 minutes or until bubbling around edges and golden brown.
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),
Use our free meal plans so you don't have to worry about what's for dinner! They're weekly menus; complete meals with side dishes and recipes. All family pleasing dishes even picky kids will love.