2 medium pears, cored and sliced
1 cup orange juice, plus more if necessary
1 tablespoon cooking oil
4 (3 ounces each) boneless pork loin chops, about 1 inch thick
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns, crushed
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
1. In a medium saucepan, cook pear slices, covered, in orange juice for 5 to 7 minutes or until tender. Remove with a slotted spoon, reserving liquid. Cover pears; keep warm.
2. Measure liquid, and if necessary, add additional orange juice to equal 1 cup. Set liquid aside.
3. In a large skillet, heat cooking oil over medium-high heat. Add pork; reduce heat to medium.
4. Cook, uncovered, for 10 to 12 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove chops from skillet and keep warm, reserving the drippings in the skillet.
5. For the sauce, stir flour into the reserved drippings. Stir in the 1 cup reserved juice, mustard, peppercorns, and nutmeg. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 minute more.
6. To serve, place chops on individual plates, arrange pear slices on top, and spoon sauce on top.
Total Fat 10g
Celebrate 25 Days of Christmas with activities every day from December 1st until Christmas Day!