1 tablespoon dry sherry
¼ teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce, divided
1½ teaspoons sugar, divided
1 pound (1-inch thick) boneless pork loin chops, trimmed of any fat and cut into 1-inch cubes
1½ cups brown rice
3 cups chicken stock
20 ounce can pineapple chunks packed in juice, drained, 2 tablespoons pineapple juice reserved
1 tablespoon ketchup
½ teaspoon white vinegar
3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
1 red onion, peeled, trimmed, and cut into 1-inch cubes
1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and cut into 1-inch cubes
1 green bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and cut into 1-inch cubes
1. Combine sherry, pepper, 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce, and ½ teaspoon of the sugar in a medium bowl. Add pork and gently toss until well coated. Let marinate in the refrigerator.
2. In a saucepan, bring the stock to a boil and add rice. Cover with a lid and let simmer for 20 to 30 minutes. Using a fork, fluff the grains and serve on 4 plates.
3. Meanwhile, stir together pineapple juice, ketchup, vinegar, remaining tablespoon of soy sauce, and remaining teaspoon of sugar in a small bowl until well combined. Set aside.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned but still a little crisp, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
5. Heat another tablespoon oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned but still a little crisp, about 3 minutes. Add to onions.
6. Heat remaining tablespoon oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat, until hot but not smoking. Add the pork cubes, arranging in a single layer. Cook, undisturbed, until a golden brown crust forms on the bottom, about 1½ minutes. Turn the cubes over and cook until a golden brown crust forms on the other side, about 1½ minutes. Return the onion and peppers to the pan and toss to combine. Add pineapples and pineapple juice mixture and cook, stirring, until sauce evenly coats everything and thickens slightly, about 2 minutes. Serve immediately over rice.
Total Fat 18g