2 pounds Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and thinly sliced
¾ cup cranberries
¼ cup white sugar
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
⅓ cup quick-cooking oats
⅓ cup all-purpose flour
½ cup packed light brown sugar
¼ cup butter, cut into pieces
½ cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C.) Butter an 8 inch square baking dish.
2. In a large bowl, mix together apples, cranberries, white sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Place evenly into baking dish.
3. In the same bowl, combine oats, flour and brown sugar.
4. With a fork, mix in butter until crumbly.
5. Stir in pecans.
6. Sprinkle over apples.
7. Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes, or until topping is golden brown, and apples are tender.