1 pound pecan halves
½ cup butter
1 cup white sugar
2 egg whites, stiffly beaten
1 pinch salt
1. Preheat oven to 275°F (135°C).
2. Toast pecans for 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly toasted. Set aside to cool.
3. Fold sugar, salt and pecans into egg whites.
4. Increase oven temperature to 325°F (165°C).
5. Melt butter or margarine on a sheet pan.
6. Spread the nut mixture over pan and bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Celebrate 25 Days of Christmas with activities every day from December 1st until Christmas Day!