3 Tablespoons oil, divided
2 medium onions, chopped, about 2 cups
2 carrots, coarsely chopped
4½ cups corn flakes, crushed
4 eggs, lightly beaten
¼ cup uncooked farina, such as Cream of Wheat
¼ cup Miracle Whip salad dressing
1½ teaspoons salt, divided
¾ teaspoon pepper divided
12-14 pound turkey, thawed if frozen, neck and giblets removed
2 teaspoon mustard powder
Chicken broth, as needed
3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
3 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon dried thyme
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. For stuffing, in large skillet heat 1 tbs. oil over medium heat. Add onions and carrots; cook until softened 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat; set aside.
3. In large bowl combine corn flakes, eggs, farina, salad dressing, 1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper and onion mixture. Fill turkey body and neck cavities with stuffing; truss if desired.
4. Place remaining stuffing in 1-qt. Casserole. Place turkey on rack set in roasting pan.
5. Combine remaining oil with mustard; brush over turkey. Sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper.
6. Roast 30 minutes; reduce oven temperature to 325°F. Roast, basting frequently with pan juices, until thermometer inserted into thickest part of thigh registers 180°F, 3 to 3½ hours.
7. Place casserole with stuffing in oven 30 minutes before turkey is done. Let turkey stand 15 minutes before carving.
8. Meanwhile for gravy, skim fat from pan juices, reserving 3 tbs. fat. Add enough broth to pan juices to equal 2 cups.
9. Over two burners on medium heat combine reserved fat with flour in roasting pan; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Stir in broth mixture, mustard, thyme, salt and pepper.
10. Increase heat to high; bring to a boil. Cook stirring constantly, until mixture thickens slightly, about 3 minutes.