2½ pounds sweet potatoes (boiled, drained and peeled)
6 Tablespoons unsalted butter or margarine (at room temperature)
2 large eggs
¼ cup heavy cream
1 Tablespoon brandy (optional)
½ teaspoon freshly grated lemon peel
¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
1. Heat oven to 375°F.
2. Grease a shallow 1½ quart baking dish.
3. Break up potatoes and puree in a food processor or mash by hand with 5 Tablespoons of the butter.
4. Add eggs and remaining ingredients except 1 Tablespoon butter; mix until well-blended.
5. Spread evenly in baking dish; dot with remaining butter.
6. Bake uncovered 30 to 35 minutes until top is lightly browned and puffed.