2½ pounds sweet potatoes (boiled, drained and peeled)
6 Tablespoons unsalted butter or margarine (at room temperature)
2 large eggs
¼ cup heavy cream
1 Tablespoon brandy (optional)
½ teaspoon freshly grated lemon peel
¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
1. Heat oven to 375°F.
2. Grease a shallow 1½ quart baking dish.
3. Break up potatoes and puree in a food processor or mash by hand with 5 Tablespoons of the butter.
4. Add eggs and remaining ingredients except 1 Tablespoon butter; mix until well-blended.
5. Spread evenly in baking dish; dot with remaining butter.
6. Bake uncovered 30 to 35 minutes until top is lightly browned and puffed.
Celebrate 25 Days of Christmas with activities every day from December 1st until Christmas Day!