Angel Strawberry Bavarian
* 13 ozs angel food cake, cut into cubes
* 2 1/2 cups Cool Whip® , thawed
* 10 ozs frozen strawberries, reserve syrup
* 2 1/2 tablespoons powdered sugar
* 3 ozs strawberry gelatin powder
* 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
* 1 cup boiling water
* 4 whole fresh strawberries, sliced
In a small bowl, combine gelatin powder and boiling water. Stir until gelatin has completely dissolved.
Add enough water to strawberry syrup to equal one cup. Stir into gelatin mixture.
Refrigerate until gelatin is slightly thickened.
Beat gelatin until foamy. Fold in one cup whipped topping and frozen strawberries.
Alternate layers of cake cubes and strawberry mixture in 10" tube pan. Press lightly.
Cover and refrigerate overnight. nmold cake onto serving platter.
Beat remaining whipped topping, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form. Frost sides and top of cake.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Garnish with fresh strawberries.