8 oz. Italian Prosciutto, chopped
8 oz. Lasagna pasta noodles, cooked
16 oz. can whole peeled tomatoes, chopped
1 cup Ricotta cheese
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 lb. Mozzarella cheese, sliced thin
1 medium onion, chopped
1 lb. lean ground beef
4 Tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped or minced
1/4 teaspoon oregano
ground black pepper
1/2 cup dry white wine
2 Tablespoon olive oil
fresh Basil sprigs for garnish
1. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions or until tender but still firm. Drain, keep warm.
2. In a large saucepan or cast iron skillet, over medium?high high heat, saute the garlic, onion and prosciutto in the olive oil for 4 minutes.
3. Add the lean beef, oregano, a touch of black pepper and saute 10 minutes. Add the wine and cook until the wine is almost evaporated.
4. Add tomatoes and basil, reduce heat and simmer sauce 35 to 40 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
5. Grease a 9" x 12" or larger, baking pan.
6. Arrange a first layer of lasagna noodles, a layer of the beef and prosciutto tomato sauce, Ricotta cheese,
parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
7. Add a second alternating layer of noodles,sauce and other ingredients. Repeat until pan is full ending up with a top layer of sauce.
8. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake in a pre?heated oven at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. Garnish with fresh basil.
Halloween is the fun holiday, dressing
From budget worksheets to housecleaning schedules (and everything in between),
Use our free meal plans so you don't have to worry about what's for dinner! They're weekly menus; complete meals with side dishes and recipes. All family pleasing dishes even picky kids will love.