Aleeyah is a sweet and savvy baby name for girls. As a variation of a traditional Arabic name, Aleeyah celebrates the unique phonetic qualities of Middle Eastern languages. Aleeyah is the name of a character in the Hope series, and Aleeyah is also a character in Harlem Hustle by Janet McDonald. Keep reading to learn more about this name.
Meaning of the name Aleeyah:
Arabic: Lofty, sublime, exalted
Hebrew: Ascendant, climbing, rising
Origin of the name Aleeyah:
Aleeyah is an alternative spelling of Aliyah. In Arabic, this name is the feminine variation of Ali (عالي) and means “lofty,” “awe-inspiring,” or “exalted one.” Alternatively, the name Aliyah means “ascent” or “climb” in Hebrew (עָלָה).
Symbolism of the name Aleeyah:
Aleeyah is an alternative transcription of Aliyah (meaning “lofty” or “sublime”). In Hebrew, the name Aliyah means “ascent” or “climb,” and it refers to Hebrew immigration to Israel. The Hebrew symbol of Aliyah is Mount Sinai.
Style of the name Aleeyah:
Gender of the name Aleeyah:
Aleeyah is a girl's name.
Pronunciation of the name Aleeyah:
Number of syllables in the name Aleeyah:
Emotion evoked from the name Aleeyah:
The name Aleeyah evokes feelings of success and star power.
Alternative spellings for the name Aleeyah:
Nicknames for the name Aleeyah:
Popularity of the name Aleeyah:
According to the Social Security Administration index, Aleeyah was the 3,809th most popular baby name for girls in 2020.
Related names for the name Aleeyah:
Great middle names for Aleeyah and their meanings:
- Aitana (glory, our people, dawning moon)
- Amabel (lovable, amiable, worthy of love)
- Benet (blessed)
- Delphine (person from Delphi, born of water, dolphin)
- Hope (great expectations, belief, desire of fulfillment)
- Jamila (beautiful, gorgeous)
- Khadijah (born early, trustworthy, respected)
- Leslie (garden of holly)
- Mercedes (gracious gift, benefit, mercy)
- Montana (mountain)
- Rhianna (great queen)
- Solange (solemn, dignified)
- Yolanda (violet flower)
Famous people with the name Aleeyah:
- Aleeyah DeNeisha Caldwell (public figure)
- Aleeyah Galdeira (volleyball player)
- Aleeyah Jadavji (professional poker player)
- Aleeyah Nabilah (actress)
- Aleeyah Qureshi (TikTok personality)
- Aleeyah Roberts (rodeo performer)
- Aleeyah Slater (actress)
- Aleeyah West (chef)
Aleeyah in popular culture:
- Aleeyah (character in Hope by Shalom Auslander)
- Aleeyah (character in Harlem Hustle by Janet McDonald)