China is a place-name used for baby girls. China has a couple of variations, and to this day, continues to have a modern feel. Keep reading to learn more about the name.
Meaning of the name China:
English – place-name.
Origin of the name China:
The baby name China is a place-name as it’s the name of the Asian country. It saw much of its usage in America in the 1990s with its variations taking more precedence now such as “Chyna”. The name “China” itself has conflicting origins as there are scholars who believe it stems from the Hindu scripture that has the term “Cīna” used. Others believe it comes from the Qin dynasty.
Symbolism of the name China:
China is a baby name that jumps on the trend of using place names. There’s a symbolic sense of standing out among the crowd, of opting to go your own way instead.
Style of the name China:
Gender of the name China:
Throughout its history, China is used as a name for baby girls.
Pronunciation of the name China:
Number of syllables in the name China:
Emotion evoked from the name China:
China has a modern feel to it as a baby name, and it can evoke lighthearted and youthful feelings.
Alternative spellings for the name China:
Nicknames for the name China:
Popularity of the name China:
According to the Social Security Index, China has saw minimal popularity as a baby name for girls. It held its most popularity in 1992 when it ranked #816.
Related names for the name China:
Great middle names for China and their meanings:
- Bo (to live)
- Lee (pasture, meadow)
- Tabia (talents, gifts)
- Renee (reborn)
- Avery (ruler of the elves)
- Brynn (hill)
- Lily (flower name)
- Anne (grace)
- Nicole (people of victory)
Famous people with the name China:
- China Chow (English actress)
- China Anne McClain (American actress, singer)
- China Zorrilla (Uruguayan actress)
- China Miéville (British novelist)
- China Machado (Chinese-born American fashion model, editor)
- China Kantner (American actress)
- China Moses (American singer, television host)
- Margaret “China” Lee (American model, actress)
- China Brezner (American model)
Chinas in movies/pop culture:
- “China” (1943 film)
- “China” (2017 film)
- “China” (episode from the TV show The Office)
- China (Swiss hard-rock band)
- China Sorrows (character from the Skulduggery Pleasant series)
- China (character from the video game Style Boutique)