Jakobi is a striking baby name for boys. Once known for its ties to the Latin genitive surname, Jackobi has now become popular among actors and athletes. Jakobi is also a main character in Jakobi and Me by Ashequka Lacey, and Jakobi Kirchrode is a significant edifice in Lower Saxony, Germany. Keep reading to learn more about this name.
Meaning of the name Jakobi:
Hebrew, Latin: Son of the supplanter
Origin of the name Jakobi:
Jakobi is an alternative spelling of Jacobi. This given name derives from the Latin genitive surname Jacobi (meaning “son of Jacob”). The name Jacob was a transcription of the Greek version Ἰακώβ (Iakob). This name ultimately derived from the Hebrew word יַעֲקֹב (Ya'aqov) and meant “supplanter.” In addition to Jacobi, other European surname derivatives include Jacoby, Jacobs, and Jacobson.
Symbolism of the name Jakobi:
Jakobi derives from the Latin surname Jacobi (meaning “son of Jacob”). In the Old Testament, Jacob was the son of Issac and the twin of Esau. The symbol of Jacob is the heel.
Style of the name Jakobi:
Gender of the name Jakobi:
Jakobi is a boy's baby name.
Pronunciation of the name Jakobi:
Number of syllables in the name Jakobi:
Emotion evoked from the name Jakobi:
The name Jakobi evokes feelings of heritage and hope.
Alternative spellings for the name Jakobi:
Nicknames for the name Jakobi:
Popularity of the name Jakobi:
According to the Social Security Administration index, Jakobi was the 1,363rd most popular baby name for boys in 2020.
Related names for the name Jakobi:
Great middle names for Jakobi and their meanings:
- Amir (prince, commander, ruler)
- Bernard (strong, hardy, brave as a bear)
- Elam (eternity, distant, forever)
- Haim (life)
- Mychal (who is like God)
- Nirel (field of God)
- Noah (rest, repose, respite)
- Osher (happiness)
- Simon (flat-nosed, God has heard)
- Tatum (bringer of joy, cheerful homestead)
- Tobias (God is good)
- Zayit (olive)
Famous people with the name Jakobi:
- Jakobi Alvin (actor)
- Jakobi Buchanan (football player)
- Jakobi Gillespie (basketball player)
- Jakobi Meyers (football player)
- Jakobi Wilburn (son of singer Nayvadius DeMun “Future” Wilburn)
- Jakobi Williams (writer)
Jakobi in popular culture:
- Jakobi (character in Jakobi and Me by Ashequka Lacey)
- Jakobi Kirchrode (Lutheran edifice in Lower Saxony, Germany)