Jessiah is a baby boy’s name of English and Hebrew origin. In English, Jessiah means “God supports” + “gifts”. In Hebrew, Jessiah means “man of Jah”. Jessiah is a Biblical Hebrew name but it has never had the popularity of similar names Josiah or Jeremiah in the US.
Meaning of the name Jessiah:
English: God supports and gifts
Hebrew: man of Jah
Origin of the name Jessiah:
Jessiah is a baby boy’s name of English origin. It is a portmanteau of the names Josiah, meaning “God supports”, and Jesse, meaning “gift”. It is also a Hebrew name that means “man of Jah”.
Symbolism of the name Jessiah:
Jessiah is a name found in the Hebrew Bible. There are five people in the Bible named Jesiah, many of which related to the stories of King David.
Style of the name Jessiah:
Gender of the name Jessiah:
Jessiah is a boy's name.
Pronunciation of the name Jessiah:
Number of syllables in the name Jessiah:
Emotion evoked from the name Jessiah:
Jessiah evokes feelings of faith and loyalty.
Alternative spellings for the name Jessiah:
Jesiah, Jassiah, Jessia
Nicknames for the name Jessiah:
Popularity of the name Jessiah:
According to the Social Security Administration, Jessiah is an uncommon baby boy’s name. It has never appeared on the top 1000 baby’s name list.
Related names for the name Jessiah:
Great middle names for the name Jessiah and their meanings:
- Rufus (red-head)
- Casimir (destroyer of peace)
- Phineas (the Nubian)
- Emrys (immortal)
- Gray (the color)
- Poe (peacock)
- Linus (flax)
- Birch (the tree)
Famous people with the name Jessiah:
- Jessiah (American musician)
- Jessiah Witherspoon (American voice actor)
- Jessiah Ruiz (American educator)
- Jessiah Woods (American football player)
- Lord Jessiah (American musician)
Jessiah in popular culture:
- Jessiah Black (video games, “Xenogears Saga”)
- Jessiah Blanche (video games, “Xenogears Saga”)
- Jessiah (media, “Neverwinter Vault”)
- Jessiah Hawkins (video games, “BattleTech”)
- Jessiah (media, “Warhammer 4k”)