Lisset is a baby girl name of French origin. Lisset is the less common spelling of Lisette, which is a diminutive of the name Elisabeth. It means “pledged to God”. Lisset may be a French name but it enjoys far more popularity in Latin American countries than back home.
Meaning of the name Lisset:
French: pledged to God
Origin of the name Lisset:
Lisset is a baby girl’s name of French origin that means “pledged to God”. Lisset is a variant spelling of Lisette. Lisset derives from and is a diminutive of the English name Elisabeth.
Symbolism of the name Lisset:
Lisset derives from Elisabeth, which is a classic name with a lot of history. Two of the most famous Elizabeths in history are probably Queen Elizabeth I of England and Queen Elizabeth II of the UK. Because of these women, the name has a regal, royal air to it.
Style of the name Lisset:
Gender of the name Lisset:
Lisset is a girl's name.
Pronunciation of the name Lisset:
Number of syllables in the name Lisset:
Emotion evoked from the name Lisset:
Lisset evokes feelings of refinement and beauty.
Alternative spellings for the name Lisset:
Liset, Lisette, Lissette, Lizet, Lizzet, Lizzette, Lysette, Lyset
Nicknames for the name Lisset:
Popularity of the name Lisset:
According to the Social Security Administration, Lisset is an uncommon baby girl’s name. It has never appeared in the top 1000 baby names in the US. The more common variant spelling of Lisette was in the top 1000 baby names list from 1966 to 2001.
Related names for the name Lisset:
Great middle names for the name Lisset and their meanings:
- Amelie (work)
- Giselle (pledged, hostage)
- Nicole (victory of the people)
- Renee (reborn)
- Helene (bright, shining one)
- Coralie (coral)
- Josephine (Jehovah increases)
- Marie (drop of the sea, bitter, beloved)
Famous people with the name Lisset:
- Lisset Gutiérrez Salazar (Mexican actress)
- Lisset Enriquez (American ballerina)
- Lissette Rodriguez (American television producer)
- Lisset Díaz (Cuban musician)
- Lisette Morelos (Mexican actor)
Lisset in popular culture:
- Lisset (television, “Rune Factory ~Serenade of the Heart~”)
- Lisset (film, “The Rules of the Game”)
- Lisette (literature, “The Vampire Diaries” series by Julie Plec)
- Lissette Orlova (comics, “Fantastic Four” series)
- Lisset (video games, “Project 1999”)